MULTIPLEX ASSOCIATION OF INDIA DRAFTS SAFETY AND PRECAUTION PLAN FOR CINEMAS!
We have spent two months in the lockdown and the government is gradually opening up the economy. In Green and Orange zones, a lot of relaxtions have already been given while in the Red Zones too, the government is no longer enforcing lockdown strictly. The industry is now hopeful that in the coming weeks that shoots will also be allowed to resume and cinemas will also be given a chance to open up.
The Multiplex Association of India, meanwhile, has already started to put measures into place. Yesterday, their unveiled a safety and precaution plans for cinemas. These suggestions have been forwarded to the Information & Broadcasting ministry and various state governments. It will be enforced once their nod is given.
The contents of this plan are as follows:
1. All cinemas will be disinfecting all possible areas of the cinema premises, be it the audi, box office, security gate, lobby, F&B stands, washroom and exit.
2. All viewers will be temperature-checked using infrared scanners.
3. Masks will be mandatory and PPE kits will be made available for purchase, for those who want to be extra careful.
4. Hand sanitizers will be placed at all strategic locations.
5. All relevant areas of cinemas will have properly demarcated circles and viewers will be asked to stand inside those circles, while maintaining social distancing.
6. Viewers will be encouraged to opt for digital transactions to avoid queuing.
7. Families, groups or couples can sit together but one adjacent seat would be left empty. This is per global cinema standards.
8. Given that there is existing width between each recliner seat, no seat will be left vacant between them.
9. Deep cleaning and sanitization of strategic points will be undertaken periodically.
10. Deep cleaning of auditorium will be done on a daily basis.
11. The staff will be mandated to wash their hands periodically during working hours.
12. Contact-less ticket purchase will be encouraged.
13. Food and beverages will be provided in single-use disposable packaging.
14. Aarogya Setu app will be made mandatory for all cinema staff.
15. Only medically certified and fit staff will be allowed to come to work. Masks and gloves will be made mandatory for all cinema staff.
16. Sanitization and disinfectants will be purchased only from authenticated suppliers.
17. Washrooms to be frequently sanitized. Patrons will be encouraged to use alternate urinals.
18. Cinema staff will be on constant vigil to manage crowd and detect issues.
19. Single use 3D glasses will be used. However, premium IMAX 3D glasses will be disinfected after every use.
20. All waste will be methodically separated and then disposed of.
#BreakingNews… Multiplex Association of India submits enhanced safety and precautions plan for cinemas to Information & Broadcasting Ministry and various state governments… VERY IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENT… pic.twitter.com/Ssof6kZcIk— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) May 20, 2020